How to plant onions
Start with seedlings in sixpacks.
• Remove a bunch of seedlings (and attached soil) by pressing on the bottom of one cell of the sixpack.
• Gently tease apart the seedlings, keeping roots intact, to create multiple bundles of about three seedlings each.
• Repeat this process for the remaining five cells of the sixpack.
• Plant the bundles in loose, well-draining soil in full sun.
• Space them about 6 inches apart and plant at the same depth as in the sixpack.
• As seedlings develop, clip the weaker ones from each group at the base so that the strongest remains.
• Water and fertilize regularly.