We're all working toward a three-day holiday weekend, so let's get right to it. I don't want to get between you and the pretty.
1. Strong pillow game by Max W. Humphrey, a partner at L.A.'s Burnham Design. I've long loved his and Betsy's colorful riffs on traditional designs (see them in last year's Coastal Living Idea House). Basically everything they do is awesome.
2. Ok, technically Casamidy is a Mexican firm, but we'll be seeing a lot more south-of-the-border style soon, I guarantee. Jorge Almada and Anne-Marie Midy will lead the charge. Want to get a head start? Check out their new book--it's already on my holiday wish list.
3. Burned wood, scorched lumber, torched siding--whatever you call it, the Japanese method of shou sugi ban has a drama (and a tiny sense of danger) I can't get enough of. Spotted here at Denver's Studio Como showroom. (It's a must-visit!)
4. I'm addicted to the before and afters that the duo behind New Minimalism posts. The San Francisco pair helps clients simplify and organize, and I raise my hand to be next.
5. My week isn't complete if I'm not freaking out about a tile. I'm in love with this black and white version that Taylor and Taylor just installed in a client's loft.