Cracked Crab with Herbed Avocado Sauce
Serves: 4 to 6
Time: 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes for dressing to rest
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped chives (about 2 bunches)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped tarragon
- 2 dungeness crabs, cooked, cleaned, and cracked
1. In a blender, purée avocados, oil, vinegar, salt, and 1⁄2 cup water until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in chives and tarragon. Cover and let sit 30 minutes at room temperature to let flavors blend.
2. Season sauce with salt to taste. Mound crab on a platter or on plates and serve with sauce.
Pper serving: 413 cal., 76% (315 cal.) from fat; 19 g protein; 35 g fat (5.1 g sat.); 6.8 g carbo (1.7 g fiber); 482 mg sodium; 87 mg chol.