Grilled Vegetable Meze Plate & Grilled Cilantro and Pistachio Pesto Shrimp Skewers
Make these recipes from editor Amy Machnak.
Grilled Vegetable Meze Plate
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tbsp. minced garlic
Juice of 1 lemon, divided
½ tsp. kosher salt
About 1½ lbs. green zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
About 1 lb. yellow zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
2 red bell peppers (8 oz. each), quartered and seeded
1 red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
8 oz. hummus
1 cup mixed olives
1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Mix 2 tbsp. oil, garlic, juice of half a lemon, and salt in a large bowl. Add vegetables and toss to coat.
2. Grill vegetables, turning once, until softened and grill marks appear, about 10 minutes.
3. Divide vegetables among 4 plates. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp. oil and juice of half a lemon. Sprinkle with oregano. Serve with hummus, olives, and pita chips.
Grilled Cilantro and Pistachio Pesto Shrimp Skewers
1 cup lightly packed cilantro sprigs
¼ cup olive oil
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground coriander
½ cup toasted, unsalted pistachios
1 lb. large shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), peeled and deveined
Shredded cabbage dressed with a lime vinaigrette
Corn or flour tortillas, warmed
1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Pulse cilantro, oil, and zest and juice from 1 lime in a food processor a few times, just until leaves are blended. Add salt, coriander, and pistachios and process until smooth, scraping inside of bowl as needed.
2. Mix shrimp and pesto in a medium bowl, tossing well to coat evenly. Thread shrimp onto metal skewers and grill until pink, turning once, about 2 minutes on each side. Serve with cabbage, tortillas, and remaining lime, cut into wedges.