¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided 1 tbsp. minced garlic Juice of 1 lemon, divided ½ tsp. kosher salt About 1½ lbs. green zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise About 1 lb. yellow zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise 2 red bell peppers (8 oz. each), quartered and seeded 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges 2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves 8 oz. hummus 1 cup mixed olives Pita chips
1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Mix 2 tbsp. oil, garlic, juice of half a lemon, and salt in a large bowl. Add vegetables and toss to coat.
2. Grill vegetables, turning once, until softened and grill marks appear, about 10 minutes.
3. Divide vegetables among 4 plates. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp. oil and juice of half a lemon. Sprinkle with oregano. Serve with hummus, olives, and pita chips.
Grilled Cilantro and Pistachio Pesto Shrimp Skewers
1 cup lightly packed cilantro sprigs ¼ cup olive oil 2 limes ¼ tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. ground coriander ½ cup toasted, unsalted pistachios 1 lb. large shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), peeled and deveined Shredded cabbage dressed with a lime vinaigrette Corn or flour tortillas, warmed
1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Pulse cilantro, oil, and zest and juice from 1 lime in a food processor a few times, just until leaves are blended. Add salt, coriander, and pistachios and process until smooth, scraping inside of bowl as needed.
2. Mix shrimp and pesto in a medium bowl, tossing well to coat evenly. Thread shrimp onto metal skewers and grill until pink, turning once, about 2 minutes on each side. Serve with cabbage, tortillas, and remaining lime, cut into wedges.
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Get fresh recipes, wine pairings, weekend getaway ideas, regional gardening tips, home design inspiration, and more.