New ways with an ancient fruit, from sandwich to dessert
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Fig Relish
- Fig and Ricotta Cheese Flatbread
- Pork Tenderloin with Figs and Blue Cheese Polenta
- Grilled Salmon in Fig Leaves with Fig Skewers
- Hazelnut-Brown Butter Cakes with Figs
There is no better emblem of the double-edged pleasure of seasonality than a backyard fig tree. On one hand, you have uncommon access to an extraordinary fruit that has been revered for centuries, the subject of legends and lore from the Bible to Homer ― a fruit whose grassy sweetness evokes sunny and exotic climates.