It's a plum. It's an apricot. It's one great summer fruit.
1. Grilled: Cut pluots in half and brush with equal parts honey and Dijon mustard. Grill until browned on both sides. While you're at it, grill pork or lamb chops to serve with the pluots. Recipe: Grilled Pluots
2. Glazed: Halve and pit pluots and put, cut side up, in a pie pan. Spoon apricot jam or orange marmalade generously over the top and broil until bubbly and browned. Serve over plain yogurt sweetened with jam or marmalade. Sprinkle with granola. Recipe: Glazed Pluots
3. Brûléed: Spread sliced or bite-size chunks of pluots in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar. Broil until bubbly and browned. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or sour cream. Recipe: Brûléed Pluots
4. In salsa: Use chopped pluots instead of tomatoes in fresh salsa; mix with lime juice and chopped chiles, onion, and cilantro. Great on grilled meats of all kinds. Recipe: Pluots Salsa
5. In salad: Add sliced pluots and crumbled blue or feta cheese to baby greens. Dress with a balsamic vinaigrette. Recipe: Plouts Salad