Why you should enter your best wines in the 2019 competition
1. The U.S. is the world’s largest wine market, and 2018 was the 25th consecutive year of growth in wine consumption, with an estimated retail value of $71 billion-with a 5.3% growth in retail value from 2017 to 2018.
2. The West is the top region for wine, with Westerners 35% above the average affluent adult for spending $3,000 or more on wine in the past year.
3. Westerners drink over 60 million glasses of wine each week!
4. Sunset is the dominant media brand of Western lifestyle, with 4.6 million print readers, 1.1 million monthly online visitors, and over 30,000 event attendees annually.
5. Almost all (96%) Sunset subscribers are wine drinkers, and more than 3 out of 4 subscribers drink wine every week. 92 percent agree that wine is one of the special pleasures in life.
6. Sunset readers appreciate Sunset‘s commitment to the wine industry and count on the magazine to expand their wine knowledge.
7. Sunset readers are 106% above average for being enthusiastic consumers of wine.
8. Sunset readers are 54% more likely to try new and different wines, and 96% say they enjoy exploring new wines.
9. With their passion and knowledge, Sunset readers have a wide sphere of influence. They are 81% above average for being super influential consumers of wine.
10. The 2012 Sunset International Wine Competition was the most successful launch of a wine competition in U.S. history and the competition has grown each year since. The 2019 Sunset International Wine Competition will be bigger and better than ever, with more promotion, more social media integration, and more buzz!
Sources: Forbes 2018 Wine Institute, March 2012; 2012 Ipsos Mendelsohn Affluent Survey, HHI $100k+; 2012 Doublebase GfK MRI