Our 6 Favorite Vegetarian Recipes for the Drought
We’re all working on our drought plans to save water in the bathroom, laundry room, and garden. But what about in the kitchen? Recent news says if we want to have a big impact on the drought, we have to address the biggest guzzler, food production. Specifically, producing meat uses a whole lot of water; growing vegetables uses a whole lot less. That’s sounding like meatless most-days to me, not just meatless Mondays. Fortunately, great vegetarian cooking is a click away. Check out Sunset’s top 6 vegetarian recipes for the drought, and let me know what you think.
1. Red Quinoa Bowl with Swiss Chard and Poached Egg (pictured above)
2. Spiced Red Lentils with Caramelized Onions and Spinach
3. Grilled Portabellas with Couscous
4. Tofu and Rice Noodles with Black Bean Sauce
6. Cashew, Coconut, and Squash Curry