At various points in my life, I've had too many burgers, too much wine, too much bacon, too much cheese. But I can never get enough avocado toast.
I don't know about you, but I think this is the best food trend ever. All you need is the idea, based on what's in your fridge and pantry. Plus an avocado and toast.
My only two principles:
1. Avocado toast should take less than 5 minutes to make (it is a craving, after all).
2. Avocado toast must use at least 1/2 avocado per toast.
The possibilities for avocado toast are endless. Just think about it!
Today I like these five.
1. Smoked salmon avocado toast
How to make it: toasted pumpernickle + smoked salmon + avocado + red onion + capers
2. Bonito-flake avocado toast
How to make it: soy sauce, white vinegar, and bonito flakes
3. Black olive avocado toast
How to make it: toasted walnut bread + diced avocado and chopped black olives + parsley + extra virgin olive oil
4. Shichimi togarashi avocado toast
How to make it: toasted brioche + thoroughly mashed avocado + shichimi togarashi
5. Tomato and roasted pepper avocado toast
How to make it: toasted brioche + mayo + mashed avocado + roasted piquillo peppers + tomato + torn basil
How do you make avocado toast? Clearly, I would like to know.