Ford Bronco, Filson Partner to Benefit National Forest Foundation & Firefighters
The custom Wildfire Rig Bronco is inspired by those once driven by U.S. Forest Service personnel.
Ford Bronco has partnered with outdoor outfitter and manufacturing company Filson to honor wildland firefighters with the launch of a limited edition outdoor gear and a custom Wildfire Rig Bronco inspired by those once driven by U.S. Forest Service personnel.
A percentage of proceeds from sales will go toward National Forest Foundation’s reforestation resources, a Ford release said.
“Ford and Filson share a unique history of helping protect our nation’s wildfire crews for more than a century and helping them access rugged areas of forests,” Dave Rivers, Bronco marketing manager, said in the release.
“Today, we’re combining those strengths to support those who protect our natural resources as well as helping preserve our nation’s forests for future generations.”
As part of the promotion, Ford’s recently established Bronco Wild Fund will be donating two of the vehicles to firefighting crews. The special edition four-door Broncos, which are based on the new Bronco Badlands, will also serve as a model for future firefighting rigs, the release said.
Notable features of the vehicle collaboration include:
- Forest Service Green paint similar to the first-generation U.S. Forest Service Bronco
- Heavy-duty custom fabricated roof rack with a RIGID® LED light bar
- Modular steel bumper
- Compartments for firefighting equipment, including a Pulaski, shovel, water tanks, and axes
- Hannay Reels® fire hose reel
- Davey® high-pressure water pump
- 50-gallon water tank
- Placement for a STIHL® chainsaw, two hard hats, a high lift jack, and Sure Seal® drip torch
- Filson tough otter green duck canvas door bolsters, armrests, and seat trim surrounds
- Filson-style quilted black leather seating surfaces
- Mounted CB radio
- Fireproof ripstop nylon top and rear cargo divider
Learn more about additional features of the vehicle and collaboration in the video below. The new Ford Broncos officially hit the lot next spring.
“The Filson and Bronco collaboration was a natural fit, given the deep histories both brands have with the U.S. Forest Service dating back to the midcentury, when crews relied on the Filson Cruiser jackets and first-generation Broncos to reach remote terrain and protect them in harsh conditions,” Doug Thielen, director of marketing at Filson, said in the release.
“Our resilient materials and innovative product designs are the perfect complement for the rugged Bronco SUV, and honor wildland firefighters who risk it all to protect our forests and natural resources.”
The collaboration announcement comes as the West continues to struggle to contain some of the worst wildfires in the region’s history.
In California alone, more than 4 million acres have burned in 2020. More than 20,000 firefighters from all over the world have participated in the response.