We Want Your Top Picks for the 2022 Sunset Travel Awards
We’re celebrating the best destinations, hotels, restaurants, wineries, activities, and more across the West.
The deadline for entry is tonight at midnight—have you completed your entry?
There’s nothing better than traveling to an unknown town, moseying into a low-lit bar, and striking up a conversation with a stranger—only to find out they grew up there, raised their kids there, and that they’ve got plenty of nearby recommendations to reveal. Or maybe you enter your hotel lobby only to encounter a concierge with years of knowledge about the city. Within a few minutes, you’ve got a plan for an itinerary full of hidden gems.
It’s in this spirit that we are thrilled to announce that our annual Sunset Travel Awards are back for 2022. We want your insight and expert knowledge about the very best destinations, hotels, restaurants, wineries, activities, and more all across the West.
More from this issue:
- Need Help Taking Care of Your Air Plants? We’ve Got Just the Guy
- Stroll Through Lotusland, the Fantastical Botanic Garden of Your Dreams
- What Happens When the West Coast Barbecue King Sets out to Conquer Fried Chicken?
- Add Some Color to Your Brunch with Edible Flowers
Submissions will be divided into five categories:
- Where to Go: The best destinations in the West, from bustling cities to quiet mountain towns, beachside getaways, national parks, and everything between—and beyond.
- Where to Stay: The high-end hotels, national park lodges, unique inns, glamping sites, and hip B&Bs across the West that are newly opened, newly renovated, or have stood the test of time. If you can sleep there, this is your category.
- What to Do: The tours, parks, museums and galleries, zoos and aquariums, music venues, festivals of all kinds, wineries, spas, and every other sort of Western amusement you can think of.
- Where to Eat & Drink: The very best bars and restaurants across the region, from historic diners and rowdy beer halls to James Beard Award–winning establishments and invite-only cocktail bars.
- How to Get There: The West’s best airlines, train routes, public transport, rental-car agencies, ferries, cruises, bike shares, and other ways to get from point A to point B.
Sunset’s editors will judge the entries, and the lucky winners will be honored in our October/November print issue, on social media, and in a robust online package. We’ll be including every entrant in a dedicated online travel directory. We hope you’ll submit and be a part of this year’s awards!
Submissions open on Tuesday, March 1, 2022, and will close on Tuesday, April 12, 2022. To enter, go to awards.sunset.com.