I got in late from Denver last night where we were photographing the 2015 Idea House for our November issue. The house is going to be gorgeous and I can't wait for you to see it. (And if you're in or near Denver August 7 - September 13, come tour it!) This week, all our Instagram inspiration is taken from the house or from the artists and makers featured in it. Follow us @SunsetMag and #sunsetideahouse to see more.
1. Interior designer Megan Hudacky wanted to be a fine artist before becoming a designer and it shows--she picked bold pieces for each room, most by Colorado locals.
2. A favorite detail of mine: The brass handrail tracing up and down the stairwell. By the way, if you love brass, you are going to flip when you see our photos.
3. Pillow love from our shoot this weekend. Full resources to come online when the story goes live.
4. This beauty made its way into the master bedroom, where it is stealing all the attention. Follow furniture maker Double Butter for sneak peeks at a few other Denver-made pieces going into the house.
5. Matthew Jorgensen = my new obsession. Maybe I should clarify: His elegant, textural pottery is my new obsession. Check out his stuff in the first shot in this post, too.
Catch up on our recent posts:An incredible wall, crisp tile, and sketchesAn insane garage, cool chairs, and sneak peeksMakeovers, dream bedrooms, and killer rugsNew fabric, black and white tile, crazy good pillows