Last summer, my husband and I bought two vintage upholstered chairs the dealer had vaguely labeled "mid-century." We needed extra seating in our living room and the pale pink velvet? Well, we didn't hate it. We still don't. The chairs make me smile all the time--an awesome chair will do that. (See below!)
1. I echo all the commenters when I say: This. Chair. It's amazing--rattan plus rope plus a thick cushion equals perfect. Blackband Design, you know what you're doing.
2. Photography might be my favorite art medium. It's immediately transportive and opens my eyes to how beautiful the world around me is. A+ to this yachting scene shared by Consort Design.
3. I'm still digging black and white interiors. It's so flexible. Pick a color, any color, and imagine it added to this space: It works. Cheers, Shift Interiors.
4. Try this for a five-minute makeover: Layer a mirror and framed art on your nightstand like Caitlin Flemming did on hers. It's so Parisian.
5. I can never resist a well-styled shelf. Project M Plus snapped this and I'll be poring over it for ideas like turning some of my books cover-out.