Designer feed: a few of my favorite things
It is slow going this week, isn’t it? Pry yourself out of bed (and our shared holiday stupor) with a few of my favorite things: flowers, watercolors, bookcases. Here’s hoping your 2016 is full of what you like best.
1. This could not be more in my wheelhouse. The most gorgeous blue (seems so Scandi!), shelf after shelf of book, a globe. Taylor Jacobson, are you sure this doesn’t have my name on it?
2. Hello, gorgeous. In my Perfect Life Fantasy, stylist Scott Horne basically has his way with my house, starting with a gorgeous arrangement like this on my nightstand.
This is a wild time or year for every interior designer as we settle all our clients in their spaces for the holidays. Loving the current energy & also yearning for the moment when we sit back and have a moment to play artistically. In the meantime, enjoying the look and feel of these watercolor studies. #watercolor #colorinspiration #woodandwater #rainbow
3. Watercolors are mesmerizing. Over the holidays, I experimented with watercolors with my young niece and nephew (their finished works were much cooler than mine, believe me) and Emilie Munroe is right–it’s more relaxing than an adult coloring book.
4. Did you get a record player for Christmas? Photographer David Tsay captured a gorgeous way to work it into your home. Stay tuned for our post on pairing vinyl with art (if only!).
5. I spent my break giving my bedroom a little refresh: new drapes and shades, a new duvet, plans to paint a room divider as soon as it’s cold and dry enough. Another option? Moroccan wedding blanket on the wall, as shown by stylist Emily Henderson. If I had one, I’d do this.