Need a little something for a special someone who just happens to be plant obsessed? We've got you covered.
1. The cutest air plant situation everAirplantVessels use wrapped wire to suspend air plants above adorable little stands, showing off the plants' architectual forms. The vessels perfect tight spaces or a sunny windowsill, and they make air plant maintenance easier than ever: slide the air plant from the stand and dunk it in water for a few hours once a week. Available in three sizes and three finishes: hand-finished wood, handmade ceramic, and powder coated steel. From $26.
2. A gift that growsThose aren't lumps of coal—they're bulbs! And a handful of of them helps the plant lover in your life to get their gardening fix even in the dead of winter. Amaryllis and paper whites are easy to force into bloom indoors. The reward will be awesomely large or fragrant flowers in just a few weeks. White Flower Farm offers a huge selection, including 12 paper white bulbs in a linen bag for $26, and almost 100 varieties of amaryllis.
3. Gourmand soapPerfect for cold weather and getting dirt out from under one's nails, Hot Toddy soap fromElla + Billie mixes English breakfast tea from T-We Tea Company, organic oils, lemon, honey, a touch of actual bourbon, and a cinnamon stick. Etta + Billie soaps are handcrafted in small batches in San Francisco, and they rock. More of a beer person? Try Vendetta IPA soap. Nonalcoholic soaps options include horchata, Ritual Coffee Roasters mint, and almond candied ginger. $12/bar
4. Let her decideGift certificates can seem like the impersonal, easy way out, but not one to Annie's Annuals and Perennials. The Richmond, CA Nursery specializes in rare and unusual plants. I'm known to spend way too much time perusing their Totally Useful Plant Lists. And guess what? They ship everywhere and all gift certificates are 15% off through December 31st.
5. Keep it cleanWe've tried every glove on the market and keep coming back to Atlas Nitrile Garden Gloves. Really though—they're the only ones that keep our hands protected without compromising dexterity. Plus, the colors are cute. $5.99 from Amazon