Enter to Win the Ultimate Fall Escape!
Enter our Instagram contest to win the ultimate fall escape to Tuolumne County
Smaller crowds, lighter traffic, cooler temperatures—autumn is the perfect time to plan a rollicking road trip to the Sierra Nevada, where you can walk among the giant sequoias at the base of Lower Yosemite Falls. To herald our October issue about unforgettable fall escapes, we partnered with Tuolumne County, the gateway to Yosemite, to offer one lucky winner and a guest the region’s best hotel and glamping stays. The prize package (a $2,400 value) includes:
- One night at Evergreen Lodge
- One night at Lazy Z Resort
- One night at Red Tail Ranch
- One night at Rush Creek Lodge
- Two nights at soon-to-open AutoCamp Yosemite
To enter this contest, comment on our Instagram Post with your favorite fall pastime. To qualify, entrants must follow @traveltuolumnecounty, tag a friend that would like to know about this contest, and use #contest. Read the full contest rules below, then get over to Instagram and enter! The contest begins at 10 a.m. PDT on August 17, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT on September 17, 2018.
FALL ESCAPE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. HOW TO ENTER: The contest begins at 10 a.m. PDT on August 17, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT on September 17, 2018. To enter online, go to Instagram. Entrants must comment on the specified Instagram post with their favorite fall pastime. The Entrant must tag another Instagram user in the comment, follow @traveltuolumnecounty, and use #contest. Entries by postal mail will not be accepted. Limit one entry per person. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award. Instagram is neither a cohost or a sponsor of this promotion.and follow instructions to participate on
2. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by Sunset editors based on the following criteria: Appropriateness to Contest Theme (25%); and Creativity of written description (75%). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. In the event of a tie, an additional tie-breaker judge will determine the Winner from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram by September 30, 2018.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are 19 years or older at time of entry Entrant(s). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One Winner will receive the Fall Escape Package ($2,400 value), which includes one night at Evergreen Lodge (good for one year; based on availability), one night at Lazy Z Resort(good for one year; based on availability), one night at Red Tail Ranch (not valid November or December), one night in a cottage at Rush Creek Lodge, and two nights at soon-to-open AutoCamp Yosemite ( Prize valid after 2/1/2019. for Sun-Thurs. stays only. Subject to availability, stay minimums and blackout dates. Not valid on holidays or Yosemite’s birthday. Expires Feb. 1, 2020. Winner must call to book stay.). All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any photo, essay, and other materials submitted as part of Entrants Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such photo, essay and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrants submitted photo and essay, along with Entrants name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the photo, essay, and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winnerâs name and/or likeness, biographical information, essay, photograph, and other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property, including death, relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER(S) LIST: For name of Winner(s), available after September 30, 2018, for a period of 30 days, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Sunset Publishing Corporation
Attn: Fall Escape Contest
55 Harrison Street Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94607
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Sunset Publishing Corporation, 55 Harrison Street, Suite 200, Oakland, CA 94607.