1.Print our chevron pattern and make enough copies so that the pattern fits across your tabletops (you’ll have multiple pages to tape together).
2 of 4
Secure your pattern
2. With your tables side by side, lay your pattern across the tabletops, securing it with a little painter’s tape on each side.
3. Use pushpins to lightly prick the points of each zigzag (through the paper and into the wood surface).
3 of 4
Use painter's tape
4. Remove the pins and the paper.
5. Use 2-in. painter’s tape to fill in the 2-in. sections. Make sure the edges are smooth and flat.
Thomas J. Story
4 of 4Thomas J. Story
Get out the paint
6. Paint the exposed areas with two coats of accent paint, letting it dry between coats.
7. Once completely dry, remove tape. Touch up paint with a small paintbrush.
*To create a precise pattern, follow our directions, but you can achieve a similar look by creating a zigzag pattern with 1- and 2-in. painter’s tape, alternating widths side by side continuously across both tabletops, then taking off the 1-in. tape strips and applying accent paint (two coats) to the exposed space. Painter’s tape comes in several widths (1 in., 1 ½ in., 2 in., etc.), so you can vary your design as you like.