Official Rules: Smith+Noble Instagram Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins 12:01 A.M. PST on August 12, 2014 and ends 11:59 P.M. PST on August 14, 2014. To enter, post a photo of your favorite view in your home on your Instagram account, tag it with #myview, follow @SunsetMag and @SmithandNoble on Instagram; captions and hashtags must be in English. Entrants must submit one photograph. Limit one entry per person. Sunset Publishing is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, postage due mail or entries not received for any reason. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award.
2. JUDGING: Entries will be judged August 15, 2014. Sunset editors will judge all entries based on the following criteria: Quality of photographs (50%); Beauty of the view (25%); and Creativity in the design of interior shown (25%). Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winners will be notified via Instagram beginning August 15, 2014 and must provide a valid email address and/or telephone number.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the territories, the District of Columbia, and Canada, excluding Quebec, who are 19 years or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sunset and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One Winner will receive a Smith and Noble gift card valued at $500. Approximate Retail Value: $500.00. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sunset reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sunset’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sunset to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any photos, essays, and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such photos, essays, and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted photos, essays, and other materials, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the photos, essays, and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sunset and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, and/or essay, photographs, other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sunset and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which Sunset deems likely to subject Sunset, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon Sunset in any way. If such information is discovered by Sunset after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sunset may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sunset may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of Sunset are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sunset is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sunset is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sunset or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sunset reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sunset reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sunset reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For name of Winner(s), available after August 15, 2014 send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sunset Publishing, Attention: Idea House/Smith & Noble contest; 80 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, CA 94025.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is TI Media Solutions, Inc., 80 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, CA 94025.
Open only to those who follow @SunsetMag and @SmithandNoble on Instagram, provided that entrant is a legal U.S. resident age 18 or older at the time of entry. Entrant must post a photo and use hashtag #myview to be eligible. Limited to one entry per Instagram account. The winner, as determined by the sole discretion of Sunset editors will receive a gift card for Smith & Noble, which has an approximate retail value (ARV) of $500. Sponsor(s) not responsible for any damage to computer equipment related to participating in this promotion. Items being distributed are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Consumers who obtain items are responsible for any and all taxes. Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. PT on 08/12/2014 and ends at 11:59 P.M. PT on 08/14/2014. SPONSOR will contact the winners with an Instagram comment on or before 08/20/2014. Employees of Sunset Publishing Company, Time Inc., Smith & Noble, or any related companies are not eligible to enter or win. The winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and waiver of liability before prize can be awarded. Void where prohibited by law. Instagram is neither a sponsor or co-sponsor of this promotion.