As you read this, I’ll be on a plane to Nashville for a summer vacation I forgot to take during the summer. With my mind hungry for a getaway, I bring you this week’s roundup of the most transporting moments on Instagram this week. See you again on October 7!
1. Green roof inspiration straight from Iceland, courtesy of Chelsie Lee, a senior designer at Portland-based Jessica Helgerson Interior Design. She’s there visiting and has taken over the JHID feed with some major eye candy.
2. That is a well-placed tub. Seattle’s Heliotrope Architects always surprise me with the way they interpret modern style. Their work is always warm and always covet-worthy.
3. Mark my words: Soon we’ll all be taking our cues from Australia’s fresh, exuberant designers. If you want a head start, Anna Spiro of Black and Spiro posts gorgeous photos of her in-progress works, including this one that sets me daydreaming.
4. Designer, blogger, and author Justina Blakeney is in Turkey this week (and you should check out her feed for awesome photos from that trip), but I can’t stop thinking about her kitchen back here in L.A. That tile is everything!
5. This perfect spot in Sag Harbor reminds me I want to layer a textile over my sofa at home. Maybe I can find a good one over at LA-based Cloth and Goods, who took this snap.