• Conduct research (via phone interviews, Web searches, and books) to gather information for stories
• Fact-check story information with sources
• Verify factual statements in Sunset articles, using written references, the telephone, and the Internet
• Competent writer
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Thorough, tireless researcher with a passion for accuracy
• Detail oriented
• Familiarity with the West with interest and/or experience in Sunset subjects – travel, garden, home, and food
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT: 3 months
DAYS PER WEEK: 2-5 (at least 12 hours total per week)
Student must be able to receive credit
After the internship, the student will have an understanding of the daily workings of the editorial department of a monthly magazine plus an appreciation for high journalistic standards in reporting, writing, and magazine design.
Please do not post this job listing on other websites.
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Get fresh recipes, wine pairings, weekend getaway ideas, regional gardening tips, home design inspiration, and more.