Recipe from The Sunset Cookbook
Makes: 1½ cups
Time: 20 minutes
Watch: How to make guacamole
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted
- 1 serrano chile, seeds and ribs removed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. each fresh lime juice and minced shiso leaves (optional; see below)
- 1½ tbsp. each soy sauce and finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. each sake and finely chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted (see below)
Scoop avocado flesh into a medium bowl and mash with a fork (leave slightly chunky). Stir in remaining ingredients except sesame seeds. Sprinkle with seeds.
Quick tips: Shiso is an aromatic herb; look for it at Asian markets. To toast sesame seeds, heat them in a dry pan over medium heat until golden, stirring occasionally.
Per tbsp: 30 cal., 80% (24 cal.) from fat; 0.4 g protein; 2.7 g fat (0.4 g sat.); 1.4 g carbo (0.4 g fiber); 66 mg sodium; 0 mg chol.