Brunch for Mom
There's a muffin in every pot and a beautiful custard on the table for Mother's Day
- Green Onion Corn Muffins in Flowerpots
- Spinach and Artichoke Cheese Custard
- Maple-candied Bacon
- Cake in a Flowerpot
- Blueberries with Oranges
Muffins ― and a wonderfully moist sour cream cake ― take on a fresh, whimsical shape when you bake them in clean, new, unglazed terra-cotta flowerpots. Just line the pots with cooking parchment (sold in supermarkets near waxed paper), and both muffins and cake pop out with ease.
The muffins, and the rest of our simple menu, are designed to tickle the kids and be easy for the supervising adult.
Every dish can be started, or prepared completely, up to a day ahead of time. And the menu serves 8, so you can add to the party.
- Up to 1 day ahead: Bake muffins, mix custard, prebake bacon, bake cake.
- Up to 2 hours ahead: Prepare blueberries with oranges.
- About 1 hour ahead: Bake precooked bacon.
- About 40 minutes ahead: Bake custard.
- About 10 minutes ahead: Reheat muffins, and make tea or coffee.