Chef-owner T.R. McCrystal cooks up seasonal cuisine at Jen's Garden, one of several upscale restaurants cropping up here.
- Sisters is 20 miles northwest of Bend (about 150 miles southeast of Portland) on State 126/U.S. 20. 866/549-0252.
WHAT TO DO
- Hinterland Ranch 7:30?5 Mon?Sat; free, no reservations needed; 541/549-1215.
- Sisters in September Catch the Sisters Folk Festival (Sep 7-9; from $30, $85 weekend pass; 541/549-4979), the Sisters Jazz Festival (Sep 14-16; from $20, $70 three-day pass; 800/549-1332), and the Sisters Tour of Artists Studios (Sep 22-23; free).
- Northwest Pro Rodeo Finals Watch pros barrel race and more. INFO: Sep 21?23; $12; Sisters Rodeo Grounds; 541/588-5007.
WHERE TO SHOP
- Leavitt's 100 E. Cascade; 866/549-6451.
- Stitchin' Post 311 W. Cascade; 541/549-6061.
WHERE TO EAT
- Bronco Billy's Ranch Grill and Saloon Prime rib and burgers. INFO: $$; 190 E. Cascade Ave.; 541/549-7427.
- Jen's Garden Small but impressive seasonal menu. INFO: $$$; closed Mon through Sep 30, Mon-Tue from Oct-May, and entirely in Jan; 403 E. Hood Ave.; 541/549-2699.
WHERE TO STAY
- Black Butte Ranch Rent a condo and enjoy golf, swimming, and trail rides (through mid-Sep). INFO: From $100; 866/901-2965.
- FivePine Lodge New development with 24 cottages, 8 lodge rooms, and Shibui Spa (720 Buckaroo Trail; 541/549-6164); Pleiades restaurant is set to open in October. INFO: From $169 through Sep 15, from $139 Sep 15-May; 866/974-5900.
- Long Hollow Ranch Ranch stay (including all meals and activities) from $185; lodging and breakfast only from $99; 877/923-1901.