Jeff Anderson: El Rey Fish Tacos and Mediterranean Hummus Salad with Grilled Salmon
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 –5oz piece Waterfront Bistro Sockeye Salmon – cut into 2 pieces
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs (seasoned with salt & pepper)
1 cup Safeway Select Mayonnaise
1 TBL Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
2 ea Corn Tortillas
2 TBL Southwest Corn Salsa
1/2 cup Cole Slaw Cabbage Mix
1 TBL Sour Cream
1/2 cup Steamed Rice
1/2 cup O’ Organics Black Beans
2 TBL Guacamole
1 each Lime - wedge
1. Mix the mayonnaise and the chipotle together. Cut salmon in half lengthwise then put into the mayonnaise marinade for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Once marinate, coat each piece of salmon with Panko bread crumbs, evenly, pressing into fish.
4. Heat an oven-proof sauté pan with olive oil on the stove top. When the oil shimmers, drop the salmon into the pan. Cook on one side for about 2 minutes, crumbs should be lightly browned. Then turn the fish over onto the other side and place pan into the pre-heated oven and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Warm each tortilla. Preferred method is to rub each tortilla lightly with olive oil then place on a flat top or a sauté pan.
6. Each taco will get a piece of fish, cabbage, sour cream, and corn salsa.
Ingredients for Corn Salsa
1 1/2 cups Safeway Select Sweet Corn – drained
1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper – chopped
2 tablespoon Scallions – chopped
1/2 cup Scallions – chopped
1 tablespoon Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
2 tablespoons Cilantro
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons Lime Juice
1 tablespoon O’Organics Olive Oil
7. Serve with rice, black beans and guacamole. Squeeze lime wedge over each taco.
Mediterranean Hummus Salad with Grilled Salmon
Prep Time: 20 minutes
2 TBL Eating Right Hummus
1 TBL Olive Tapenade
1 ea Flatbread or Naan Bread
2 oz O’ Organics Fresh Herb Salad Mix
2 TBL Safeway Select Olive Oil Balsamic Vinaigrette
4 pieces Roma Tomato cut into quarters
6-8 pieces English Cucumber cut into slices
1 ea Waterfront Bistro Sockeye Salmon
1 TBL Feta Cheese
1. Make sure grill set at a medium heat. Season salmon with olive oil, salt and pepper and put on grill. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until done.
2. In a bowl, combine salad mix, tomato, and cucumber, add dressing and toss lightly.
3. Warm flatbread or naan bread on either the grill or in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
4. On one end of a plate spoon the hummus and the tapenade then on the other end, place the salad. Lay the flatbread over the salad and the salmon on top of the flatbread. Garnish with feta cheese.