- Amazon Echo Dot, $49; amazon.com
Entering the smart home world doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. The Amazon Echo Dot acts as a voice helper by your bedside table or in the kitchen, answering questions about the weather or setting timers. The device can also be attached to a speaker you already have to voice-control music from Spotify, Pandora, and more.
- Giant Wall Scrabble, $1,795; rh.com
Game night just got a lot more intense. Gift your family of word nerds with this Scrabble set featuring a wall-mounted grid, oversized magnetic letters, and a built-in chalkboard for keeping score.
- Chococurb Chocolate Gift Subscription from $30/box; chococurb.com
Whether they like it dark and bitter or milky and sweet, your chocoholic recipients will get a monthly fix of artisanal chocolates perfectly suited to their palate.
- Mountain Time Zone Wall Clock, $75; reedwilsondesign.com
It's always time for the mountains with this laser-engraved, Baltic birch clock. It's also available in a Pacific Time design that emphasizes the West Coast.
- Recently subscription, starting from $8.99; getrecently.com
Photos pilling up? Turn your camera roll into a magazine with Recently app. Set up a subscription to receive it monthly or quarterly, and choose the best of your images to make it to print.
- Apasco 5-Piece Mezcal Set – Clear, $95; the-citizenry.com
Handcrafted by glassblowers in Oaxaca, Mexico, these clear mezcal glasses are meant to showcase the gorgeous golden hues of the smoky spirit, which is quickly gaining popularity in the U.S.
- Vintage Hotel Recipe Cocktail Shaker, $84; rh.com
Stamped with a dozen recipes for classic cocktails, this durable cast brass shaker—which comes in aged bronze, silver, and brass finishes—is bound to be passed from one generation of cocktail aficionados to the next.
- #2 Gift Set – Six Vial Salt Sampler with Branded Wood Holder, $40; jacobsensalt.com
Harvested from the Oregon Coast, Jacobsen Salt is celebrated for its pure taste and texture. This sampler set includes the original Pure Flake Salt, as well as five infused variations for the more experimental cook: sweet onion, habanero, garlic, black pepper, and black garlic.
- Simple Tortilla Press, $120; healdsburgshed.com
Starting with a good tortilla is key, and making your own is the best way to do it. This tortilla press is made in Healsburg, using locally sourced materials.
- Mid-Century Modern Architecture Travel Guide: West Coast USA, $35; phaidon.com
This guidebook to the iconic MCM buildings of the West Coast is the perfect topper for that enviable Eames coffee table in your friends’ living room.
- Nest Indoor Camera, $199; nest.com
Want to keep an eye on the kids' room, your cat, or even the front door when you aren't home? Nest's cameras are both sleek and handy, providing notifications for any activity and allowing you to speak through the camera to let the mailman know to leave the box at the door. Check out both their indoor and iutdoor cameras to keep your entire home secure.
- #4 Gift Set - Salty Candy Duo, $24; jacobsensalt.com
Salty and sweet is a match made in heaven, and this duo of salty caramels and black licorice from Oregon’s artisanal salt company is proof positive.