When moving trailing plants with easily breakable stems, such as calibrachoa, fuchsias, and tuberous begonias, use this method to keep the plants intact.
• Gently remove the plant from its existing container by knocking on the bottom of the pot and sliding out the plant.
• Set plant aside.
• Partially fill the larger container you're moving the plant into with soil, then place the old pot inside so the rims of the two pots are roughly flush.
• Firmly pack soil into the gap between the containers.
• Gently remove the old pot without disturbing the packed soil.
• Set the plant into the newly made hole and water well.