Put a ring on it--a hand-painted wooden napkin ring, that is
- Wooden napkin rings (crateandbarrel.com)
- White acrylic paint
- Flat-tip paintbrushes
- Neon acrylic paints (such as Sargent Art)
- Scissors Clear tape Painter’s tape
- Paint interior of napkin ring with a base coat of white acrylic. Let dry.
- Paint 1 coat of neon paint on top of base coat. Let dry and repeat.
- Print chevron template (from sunset. com/chevron). Cut out template, wrap it around napkin ring, and use a tiny piece of clear tape to secure ends together.
- Position pieces of painter’s tape along edges of the template.
- Remove the template so only the painter’s tape remains.
- Paint the exposed wood with a base coat of white acrylic. Once dry, apply 2 coats of neon paint in a color that contrasts with interior.
- When completely dry, remove tape.
Project by Grace Lee, who started crafting jewelry as a second career. She brings her love of patterns to these napkin rings. graceleedesigns.com