Skip the needle and thread and instead use stamps to make easy monogrammed handkerchiefs. Here's how:
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT
- Rubber alphabet stamp (we like the rubber stamp alphabet set from Crafts, Etc.)
- Fabric stamp pad (crafter Arounna Khounnoraj recommends VersaCraft’s stamp pad in various colors; at Create for Less)
- Linen handkerchief or napkin (available at Embroider This) plus scrap of similar fabric for testing
1. Press rubber stamp down firmly onto the fabric stamp pad for a few seconds to ensure ink covers the entire stamp.
2. Test stamp on a scrap of linen until you’re happy with the results.
3. Locate desired spot on napkin, and press rubber stamp firmly onto surface of the fabric.
4. Iron (without steam) for a few minutes on medium heat to set the stamp.