Bring vibrant Hawaiian florals to your landlocked backyard. Inspired by the outdoor tables at Buzz’s Original Steak House
in Kailua, Oahu, we created the hibiscus pattern shown here. For our enameled metal table, we used Liquitex Glossies high-gloss
acrylic enamel paint (www.liquitex.com).
1. Visit www.sunset.com/hawaiiantable to download our floral template. Depending on your table size, use a copy machine to enlarge or reduce template onto heavy paper or cardstock.
2. Cut out pattern pieces with scissors or a utility knife.
3. Arrange petal pieces on tabletop as desired.
4. Dip a small paintbrush in paint and lightly trace around the outside edge of each pattern. Remove pieces.
5. Apply a thick coat of paint (for petals, start near flower’s center and fill in one at a time). Let dry, then apply one or two more coats.
6. Once petals’ final coat is dry, arrange flower centers, then repeat steps 4 and 5.
7. Once centers are dry, arrange stamen pieces and repeat steps 4 and 5; freehand the stamen dots.