A small Santa Monica cottage gets a new, right-size lease on life
2. Build in storage cupboards with doors and invest in a closet-organizing system―“worth the splurge to keep the house neat,” says Hart.
3. Install inexpensive wall pegs to make cleanup a snap and keep frequently used items at the ready.
4. Choose easy-stow guest seats for living areas.
5. Create several places in the backyard to lounge and entertain―especially if you live in a relatively warm area.
6. Reevaluate your belongings every few months. Donate, recycle, or discard what’s not needed.