Tips for growing and caring for melons, plus our favorite recipes come harvest time
Prime melon season is July through September. Be sure to sample these delicious varieites this season!
Clockwise, from left:
- Ha-ogen: Chin-drippingly juicy, with slightly savory, tropical flavors and pale green flesh.
- Tuscan: Earthy, clean flavor with hints of cucumber. Rich, amber-colored flesh.
- Canary: Dense green flesh with a sweet flavor that’s musky in a good way, like grapes.
- Moon and stars: Bright to pinkish- red flesh and a sweet-tart flavor.
- Charentais: Deep orange and juicy, with a flowery aroma.
- Mickey Lee: Red flesh with a clean taste and slightly grainy texture.
- Ha-ogen (pictured again).
- Crimson Sweet: Crisp, sweet, and mild, with medium red flesh.
- Canary (pictured again).
- Yellow Doll: Yellow flesh; slightly tart.