• Acorus gramineus 'Ogon'. Grassy perennial. Foliage is bright yellow until cut down by frost. Grows well in boggy soil. Clumps reach 10 inches tall. Full sun. Zones 3b-10, 14-24.
• Carex elata 'Aurea' ('Bowles Golden'). Sedge. Bright yellow foliage all year. Grassy clumps are 2 feet tall. A bright, glowing yellow grass for sun or partial shade. Zones 2-9, 14-24.
• Golden oregano (Origanum vulgare 'Aureum'). Bright golden foliage in spring turns to green by late summer and fall. Grows about 1 foot tall, sometimes more. Full sun to part shade. Zones 1-24.
• Golden sage (Salvia officinalis 'Icterina'). Perennial herb. To 21/2 feet. Full sun. Zones 2-24, H1-H2.
• New Zealand flax (Phormium tenax 'Yellow Wave'). Big, bold perennial. Swordlike leaves can reach 5 feet tall. Full sun or light shade. Zones 7-9, 14-24, H1-H2 (regrows after freezes in zones 5-6).