Thomas J. Story
Swirl and taste: Dark fruit (blackberries, blueberries, and cherries), black olives, and herbs against a backdrop of earthy leather, tobacco, and meaty bacon, laced with black pepper.
• Grilled meats of all kinds
• Roast pork
• Game―venison, squab
• Black olives
• Dishes with lots of black pepper
• Dishes with pungent herbs
Find your style: Syrah grown in the cooler parts of the West can be very dark and earthy. In warmer regions, the ripe fruit pops.
Steak and Ribs
• Rib-Eye Steaks with Tomato-Basil Relish
• Multicolored-Pepper Steaks with Balsamic Onions
• Flank Steak with Warm Moroccan Spices
• Bite-Back Ribs
• Sweet and Sticky Oven-Barbecued Pork Back Ribs