Other crème anglaise uses
Use this versatile custard in any number of desserts. Some of our favorite options:
• In a tart: Pour into a baked pastry shell and top with raspberries.
• In a layer cake: Spread the sauce between each layer, then frost with your favorite icing.
• In chocolate cream pie: Pour into a prepared cookie-crumb crust and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
• In a parfait: Layer the sauce with vanilla crème anglaise (or vanilla pudding), almonds, and crushed meringues or shortbread cookies.
• As a pudding: Simply serve as is, with a bit of whipped cream.