Maple Apple Baked Beans
1 3/4 lbs. Great Northern White Beans, soaked overnight
6-8 strips Apple wood smoked bacon
8 oz. onions, washed, peeled and diced fine (Vidalia, Maui, or yellow)
1 1/2 lbs. apples, washed, peeled, and diced small (Granny Smith, Gala, or Red Delicious)
5 fl. oz. maple syrup
9 fl. oz. Heinz ketchup
4 fl. oz. molasses
3 fl. oz. Dijon mustard
6 fl. oz. dark brown sugar
8 fl. oz. water
1. Wash and then soak the beans overnight, when done bring salted water to a boil and cook beans. Once done remove from heat and drain and cool down can be up to 24 hours ahead ( if so keep refrigerated)
2. Wash and dice up all fruit and vegetables according to recipe hold for further use.
3. Freeze bacon and chop fine.
4. In a large stock pot brassier, put raw bacon in a hot pan and render, add onions and sauté, adds apples and toss together.
5. Blend all the liquids (this can be done prior to cutting the vegetables to save time. Blend with the apples and onion mixture, combine well over low heat, add beans (drained) and mix together gently, add water and simmer for 10 minutes gently stirring as not to burn.
6. Remove from the heat and put mixture in baking dish, cover with top of dish with plastic wrap and then foil*.
7. Bake in a preheated 350 f for about 30 minutes until bubbling gently in the center.
Warm Potato Salad with Ore Ida Roasted Potatoes
1 bag Ore Ida roasted potato wedges
8 pieces bacon strips
3 pieces celery stalks, diced fine
2-3 Jalapeno peppers, diced and seeds removed
6 green onions (wash to remove dirt and remove base roots)
1 tbsp Cilantro, chopped fresh
2 tbsp brown sugar, med or light
4 fl. oz. Heinz Apple Cider vinegar
8 fl. oz. chicken or vegetable stock
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 red pepper, washed, seeds removed, and diced fine
1. Wash and dry all the vegetables and cut according to recipe.
2. Roast Ore Ida Potatoes according to recipe. (Can be done ahead of time for a cold version of salad or while roasting complete rest of prep.*)
3. In a sauce pan (1 qt stainless steel) heat and render down bacon careful not to burn.
4. Sauté vegetables (celery, jalapenos, and green onions, add cilantro) continue to sweat. Add brown sugar and cider vinegar and blend together. Add stock according to recipe and whisk together.
5. Season with cayenne pepper whisk together.
6. Remove potatoes from oven if serving warm place potatoes in a mixing bowl and with a wooden spoon toss gently with dressing (warm) and red peppers and cilantro.