Mixed Greens with Peaches, Blackberries, and Feta Cheese Balls
4 oz. cream cheese
4 oz. feta cheese
1/2 ½ cup finely chopped, toasted sliced almonds
2 tbsp. Champagne vinegar
1/4¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 ½ tsp. each kosher salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 1/2 ½ qts. lightly packed mixed baby greens (5 to 6 oz.)
3/4 ¾ cup peeled and thinly sliced yellow peaches
¾ 3/4 cup blackberries
1. Combine cream cheese and feta in a food processor until smooth. Pour almonds into a shallow bowl. Using a 1-in. ice cream scoop or a teaspoon, scoop out balls of cheese mixture and gently roll in almonds to coat. Set cheese balls on a plate and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
2. Whisk vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to combine. Add greens, peaches, and blackberries and toss gently to coat. Arrange salad on plates and scatter cheese balls on top.
Cucumber Potato Salad
1 ½ 1/2 lbs. small red thin-skinned potatoes
½ 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
½ 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
½1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. kosher salt
½1/2 tsp. pepper
1 ½1/2 cups slivered red onion, rinsed and patted dry
1 English cucumber, very thinly sliced
1. Set potatoes in a steamer and cook, over high heat until tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool, then drain and pat dry.
2. Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to combine.
3. Quarter cooled potatoes and put in a large bowl. Add onion, cucumber, and half of dressing; gently stir until vegetables are evenly coated. Add more dressing if you like, or save it to use as a dip.