UP TO 6 HOURS AHEAD
- Prepare fruit for salad and chill.
3½ HOURS BEFORE SERVING
- Rinse turkey. If stuffing, place dressing in bird. Put turkey in oven to roast.
1 HOUR AHEAD
- Bake casserole of dressing if chilled.
45 MINUTES AHEAD
- Peel and cook potatoes; cook garlic.
20 MINUTES AHEAD
- Mash potatoes; keep warm.
15 MINUTES AHEAD
- Remove turkey from oven, put on platter, and keep warm.
- Add wine to roasting-pan drippings, then add drippings to gravy. Heat gravy and keep warm.
10 MINUTES AHEAD
- Heat extra dressing (if bird was stuffed) in a microwave oven.
- Cook peas and onions.
5 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING
- Warm rolls.
- Warm cranberry sauce, if desired.
- Garnish turkey platter.
- Mix salad with dressing.
15 MINUTES BEFORE DESSERT
- Warm apple pie in a 350° oven.