Here’s how two cooks can pull off this big meal—with one cook working indoors, using a single oven, and one working outdoors
at a single grill. If you don’t have ample fridge space, you may need to store some food at a neighbor’s.
1 week ahead
- Make cranberry relish.
- Make cinnamon ice cream.
- Start thawing turkey in fridge, if frozen.
- Make pies.
- Bake chocolate cakes.
- Toast seeds and nuts for relish and salad.
- Make pumpkin spread and slaw for tacos.
- Brine turkey.
- Make stuffing through step 2.
- Grill sweet potatoes.
- Bake cornbread.
- Make salad dressing.
- Roast broccolini.
- Heat grill and start turkey (allow 31/2 hrs. for cooking, resting, and carving).
- Spread topping on lime pies.
- Top cakes with powdered sugar.
- Start gravy.
- Add almonds to cranberry relish.
- Finish tacos: Toast chiles, warm pumpkin spread and tortillas, then set out compo-nents. (Or do this as guests arrive.)
- Bake stuffing.
- Assemble elements of salad; toss at serving time.
- Reheat sweet potatoes.
- Finish gravy.
- Reheat broccolini and cornbread.
- Let turkey rest, then carve.
- Set out desserts.
- Make canela tea.