Something lurks beneath the surface of our Halloween menu ― creepy forms, wickedly rich flavors, and a hint of Southwestern spice. With just the right blend of good taste and kitschy fun, these recipes evoke the playful spirit of the holiday. Best of all, everything can be prepared in advance, so you won't have to disappear like a ghost into the kitchen once the party takes off.
- Up to 1 week ahead: Make Spicy Sesame Nut Mix.
- 3 days ahead: Make dough for Tombstone Cookies and Cheddar Witch's Fingers.
- 2 days ahead: Make chili.
- 1 day ahead: Prepare Pepita-Tomatillo Dip, pots de crème, and raspberry purée for margaritas.
- 3 hours ahead: Bake Tombstone Cookies and Cheddar Witch's Fingers.
- Just before serving: Reheat chili and mix margaritas.