Spinach and Artichoke Cheese Custard, Maple-candied Bacon, and Blueberries with Oranges make for a memorable Mother's Day
Crown brunch with a tender cardamom-scented cake baked in a large flowerpot.
Erin and Sarah Robinson push squares of cooking parchment into tiny flowerpots to make Green Onion
Green Onion Corn Muffins puff to a golden brown in the oven.
Make a Mother's Day to remember with these ideas for delectable drinks, a picnic feast, homemade gifts, and a beautiful brunch.more
Muffins ― and a wonderfully moist sour cream cake ― take on a fresh, whimsical shape when you bake them in clean, new, unglazed
terra-cotta flowerpots. Just line the pots with cooking parchment (sold in supermarkets near waxed paper), and both muffins
and cake pop out with ease.
The muffins, and the rest of our simple menu, are designed to tickle the kids and be easy for the supervising adult.
Every dish can be started, or prepared completely, up to a day ahead of time. And the menu serves 8, so you can add to the
- Up to 1 day ahead: Bake muffins, mix custard, prebake bacon, bake cake.
- Up to 2 hours ahead: Prepare blueberries with oranges.
- About 1 hour ahead: Bake precooked bacon.
- About 40 minutes ahead: Bake custard.
- About 10 minutes ahead: Reheat muffins, and make tea or coffee.