[RLINK 1694235 "Fruit-and-Nut Breakfast Bars"]
Easy to make and very tasty, these bars are pure fruit, nuts, and seeds ― no pasty fillers.
The dried fruits will give you a quick boost, and the proteins and good fats will keep you from crashing midmorning.
• Known for its powerful punch of vitamin C, which is involved in collagen synthesis and brain function and may help prevent disease. It's also a super source of folate, which may reduce your risk of getting cardiovascular disease and helps build cells.
Orange juice = vitamin C + folate
• Like dried plums, they're also a good source of fiber and provide quick energy on groggy mornings.
Dates = fiber + potassium
• Jam-packed with monounsaturated fat, another of the good-for-you fats, they're also great sources of protein, vitamin E, and fiber. Eating nuts regularly may reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Almonds = monounsaturated fat + protein + vitamin E + fiber
• Brimming with vitamin A, which is vital for vision and immune-system health; also a good source of fiber and potassium.
Apricot = vitamin A + fiber + potassium
• One of the most antioxidant-packed fruits, they are also loaded with potassium, fiber, and vitamin K.
Dried plums = antioxidants + potassium + fiber + vitamin K
Sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
• Their polyunsaturated fat is one of the good-for-you fats; the seeds stave off hunger, provide protein, and are one of best sources of vitamin E (an important antioxidant).
Pumpkin seeds = polyunsaturated fat + protein + iron + vitamin K
Sunflower seeds = polyunsaturated fat + protein + vitamin E