Green tea and cranberries give this high-energy smoothie powerful antioxidants. For a tropical spin, substitute 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks for the blackberries and strawberries.
With 4½ servings of fruit plus antioxidants and fiber, this smoothie is a refreshing, satisfying, and healthy way to begin your day.
Cranberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, and Strawberries
• Loaded with purple and red pigments (anthocyanins), whose high antioxidant capacities may help prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease and promote wound healing.
• Packed with soluble fiber (11 grams in our smoothie), vital for digestion and nutrient absorption.
• Abound in vitamin K, important in blood clotting.
Cranberries = antioxidants + fiber + vitamins C and K
Blueberries = antioxidants + fiber + vitamin K
Blackberries = fiber + folate + vitamins C and K
Strawberries = antioxidants + vitamin C + fiber
• Contains potassium, which prevents muscle weakness and maintains cell membranes.
• Abundant in folate, associated with decreased risk for cardiovascular disease; it also plays a vital role in new cell formation.
Banana = potassium + folate + fiber + vitamin C
• Its plentiful antioxidants may reduce risk of heart attacks and protect cells from damage caused by free radicals (reactive atoms thought to be associated with aging).
Green tea = antioxidants
• A good source of protein and iron, especially for those who are lactose-intolerant.
Soy milk = iron + protein